Social Renegades Inc. DBA ENVY respects your privacy.
Last updated December 28, 2021
Types of data we collect
Your data belongs to you and we only use it for the reasons set out in this Policy. We’re transparent about what we collect—and a lot of the data collected is meant to help us improve our platform.
We collect certain Personal data that you provide or gathered by our platform that is related to advertising, analytics, and operations of our service. We specifically collect First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Company Name, Address, Email Address, Cookies and Usage Data, Usernames and Passwords, Payment Information, Location Data in addition to the data collected by business partners we work with. This may include location information or usage data on our platform. We also collect certain content and information about you when you create an account, create content on our platform such as uploading or sharing images or videos, or engage with content on the platform. Other information that is collected includes system logs, IP addresses, MAC addresses, browser or device type, and operating system details.
All about cookies
Service providers & third parties
We use other companies’ software to help make our platform better. These other platforms may help us offer paid services and better understand how users interact with our platform.
We couldn’t build our platform alone or without some help along the way! We use some third-party software service providers that may process some of your information as you use our platform. These third parties help us use analytics to understand how users engage our platform or help us receive and process payments to use our service. While we can’t speak for our service providers, we highly recommend checking out their privacy policies to better understand how your data is handled. Specifically, we use the following third parties: Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, Cloudflare, Stripe, and MaxMind.
Why we collect data (& what we do with it)
We’re dedicated to providing a platform that’s relevant and useful to you. When we collect data, we do it to improve both our platform and your experience.
Put simply, collected data helps us control access to the platform, charge payments, protect the security of our service, communicate with our users, and improve the platform. Some of the data is automatically collected to help detect fraudulent activity too. Personal data collected with third-party service providers helps enhance the user experience and is sometimes required to use third-party services.
We also use personal data to tailor site preferences, ensure the site and application are secure, and help us develop new platforms. We may also have to use personal data when legal issues arise. In these situations, the data would be used to comply with record retention obligations, to defend a legal claim, to comply with laws, or to prevent fraud or IP infringement violations.
Communicating with users is another reason we collect certain personal data. These communications include informing you about promotional events, platform changes, and general marketing. They may also include responding to any inquiries sent to the site or inviting participation to surveys about our services.
We may also use personal data in providing services and customer support to users.
Managing users--such as managing sign ups and user groups is another way personal data is used after being collected.
Sharing or accessing data
There are specific situations where we might need to access or share data that we’ve collected, such as working with technology vendors or legal obligations.
Generally, we do not access information unless we have a specific reason. Information that has been anonymized may be shared within the company to improve the platform. Data may also be shared with certain third-parties (like we discussed above) or other business groups necessary in providing services to you or to comply with legal obligations. We may also share personal data in these situations:
- Subsidiaries. We may share personal data with related company entities or subsidiaries in order to prove services on our platform
- Third-parties. We may share personal data with hired parties meant to provide business services for us. This data will be shared only to the extent necessary to provide those services
- Troubleshooting. We may share personal data, or access user accounts, to help with troubleshooting platform bugs or helping with support issues. We may also need to access certain personal data when investigating issues on our platform to ensure no violations of our policy have occurred
- Legal. We may share personal data with certain parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is required under applicable legal regulations
- Consent. If we ask for or you explicitly give consent to share personal data
What security measures we take
We take the appropriate and expected steps to guarantee the safety of your personal data.
We take commercially reasonable steps to make sure your personal data is secure. We may use third-party service providers to ensure personal data is sufficiently protected. We may also maintain reasonable safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of personal data on our platform against any unauthorized disclosure. Unfortunately, this cannot be guaranteed, and we are not responsible for security breaches beyond our reasonable control.
How long do we keep your data
We store your data for as long as necessary to provide our services to you.
How long do we keep your data? Don’t hate us—but it really depends. Retention periods for some data will depend on the purpose and use of the data collected. There are also some laws that dictate specific time frames for data to be retained which may be impact our policy. In most cases, we retain personal data for the shortest time necessary to provide our service to you.
Children & our platform
If any user has indicated that they are a child that is less than 16 years old, parental consent and authorization will be required. On any child-facing service we provide, we will ask for a parent or legal guardian's verifiable authorization or consent for a child to access our Services before any information is collected from a child.
All about the GDPR and personal data in the EU
You have the right to correct, amend, delete, and limit the use and collection of your data.
The GDPR, or General Data Protection Regulation, gives certain rights around personal data to residents of the European Union & European Economic Area. The GDPR also holds that data being transferred out of the European Union must be handled with care as dictated by European law.
If you’re reading this, we’ve determined that we should comply with these heightened expectations of data privacy. So what are these rights? As a user, you have the right to correct, amend, delete, and limit the use of your personal data with respect to our platform. This includes the following:
- Access. You have the right to access and view the information that has been stored about you
- Rectify. You have the right to change information about you that is incomplete or inaccurate
- Erase. You have the right to request that we erase the data we have stored about you
- Restrict. You have the right to request that the processing of your data is restricted or limited
- Portability. You have a right to ask us to transfer the information we have collected about you to another party or to you
- Object. You may object to the processing of your data
You also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about the collection and use of the Personal Information we collect. Please contact your local data protection authority in your relevant European Economic Area for further information regarding this process. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, simply send a message explaining your situation to our support e-mail found at the bottom of this Policy.
Information for California residents
California residents have certain rights to the data being collected about them. Below explains those rights how they can be exercised.
California residents have certain rights granted by California law, otherwise known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. You have a right to access, to your information, and to the deletion of your information. We collect certain data that we described above—and some of that data may be considered personal information under the California Customer Records statute or protected classification characteristics.
We collect personal data from you when you sign up or use our services, through indirect tools that observe how you interact with our platform, and through other automated technologies that we’ve described in this Policy.
Here’s an explanation of your rights:
- Verified requests. We have to respond within 45 days to data privacy requests you make under this section—but we’ll try and respond quicker if possible. If we’re super backlogged, we’re also allowed to extend this timeline an additional 45 days after letting you know. If you would like to exercise any of your rights as a California resident, please e-mail us at the address listed at the bottom of the policy
- Children requests. You may also make requests on behalf of your child, if applicable. Just e-mail us explaining the situation along with accompanying legal documentation to verify the relationship
- Right to access. You have the right to ask about the categories of personal data collected about you—as well as specific details surrounding such data. This includes asking for the data and information to be provided to you
- Right to deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. This right to delete, erasure, or “be forgotten” is subject to certain limitations—the deletion of some data may mean you can’t use our services or they won’t function as intended
- Right to information. You have the right to request that we provide the information we have collected about you over the past 12 months. This includes providing the categories of data, the categories of sources of data, the purposes surrounding the data, any sharing practices, and other circumstantial information about the data that has been collected
- Right to non-discrimination. We never discriminate against users exercising rights under the CCPA. We don’t deny you services, charge different prices, impose penalties, offer different discounts, or otherwise change what services we offer due to the CCPA being exercised
- Other rights. If you have questions regarding disclosure of data to third-parties for their marketing purposes, please reach out
Changes, questions, or comments
Have questions or just want to chat? Shoot us a message.
We post all changes to this Policy on our site. We may update this policy at any time and as needed as relevant regulations are introduced. If you have any questions or comments, please get in touch with us.
All questions, comments, or requests should be sent to: [email protected]
3077B Clairemont Dr. #448
San Diego, CA 92117